Friday, August 17, 2007

Plan

This ride is fundamentally a civil war history ride. The main goal is to visit Gettysburg traveling through the Shenandoah Valley sites of Jackson's Valley Campaign, returning through Antietam and the Wilderness on my way to Raleigh, and a grandkid "fix." Plans are to meet friends along the way for rides and eats and just generally relax and ride, two of my favorite past-times. Tentative plan is to leave Sunday, the 19th, travel through Jackson, MS on Monday, stopping by to visit friends in the area. Then, up through Tennessee to Chattanooga, visiting Lookout Mountain and the Chickamauga battlefield site in north Georgia. I'll then try to get through north Georgia without having to "squeal like a pig," then on into Asheville. One can't go through there without stopping at the Vanderbilt estate though we'll see. I've eaten lunch at the Metropolitan Club in NYC so I already have a fair idea of what decadent luxury without a budget is like. For the truly bored, previous rides blogs are: Alaska 2006 http://bigmotoride.blogspot.com/ Beartooth 2007 http://bigmotoride2.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

PugletGirl said...

The grandkids (and plain ol' kid) eagerly await your arrival.

Good luck on that "squeal like a pig" escape. I've heard big, bad bikers with purrrrty mouths are very popular.

PugletGirl said...

LOL - Gidget Runningstar was the name of Cap't Crunch's mother. I forgot all about that being my user name. It's just me - your kid.